Sunday, October 25, 2015

Chicken So Good So Easy


How good is this chicken?  Slap it on your grill, and just the aroma will make every dog in the neighborhood start to howl.  And some of their owners, too.

How easy is this chicken?  Let me show you.


First mix up a quick marinade using:
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • juice of 1 fresh lime
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 2 teaspoons garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon ginger juice (I use this brand.) or grated fresh ginger
Whisk all ingredients together, then reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade.  For what?  You'll see.  

Pour the remainder into a plastic gallon-size Ziploc bag, and add 2 or 3 pounds of boneless chicken thighs to the bag.  Seal it, shake it, pop in the fridge for 2 hours

Then grill it.  (Use earplugs if all the howling gets on your nerves.)  Or if you prefer, 30 minutes in a 450F degree oven works just fine, too.


Look good?  Well, we're not done yet.

Heat up a wok or a large skillet on high heat.  Pour in the reserved marinade and let it get all sizzly.  Add fresh or frozen vegetables of your choice and stir fry.  Cook it until the veggies are tender and the sauce has been reduced to a glaze all over the vegetables. 


I love how steamy this gets.  I used a package of frozen Oriental-style vegetables, but just about any veggie you like will work out great.

Plate it all up, and dig in.  (And try not to howl!)


33 comments:

  1. Oh this looks so delicious !
    It's after 6 and I haven't eaten yet and now my baked macaroni just doesn't seem as appetizing as it did before I saw this !!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe and picture of Marinated Chicken sure does sound good and easy is always helpful on a busy day. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy days I know about! I hope you have a chance to try it some time.

      Delete
  3. Looks so good! I always tend to overcook chicken so I need to follow chicken recipes carefully...this looks delicious!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my fingers crossed for you, Shelley! I think you'll do great!

      Delete
  4. Oh man that looks delicious! I love the flavor combination in the chicken! Pinned and shared on facebook!

    Found you on Thursday Favorite Things blog hop!

    Trisha @ Home Sweet Homemade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - looks so easy yet so delicious. Thanks for sharing this post! (stopping by from Idea Box hop)

    ~Taylor-Made Homestead~
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like this would be delish on the grill! Visiting from No Rules Weekend Blog Party - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing on My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so incredible! Pinned and tweet. Thank you for being a part of our party. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm, because we love to party with you! Happy Halloween~Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Visiting from Fine Craft Guild!
    Phyllis@grandparentsplus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy, this looks so tasty and healthy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks simply wonderful!! Pinned! And thanks for sharing on What's for Dinner? at Http://www.lazygastronome.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That does look good. We are having chicken for dinner tonight and it does not look that good :)
    It is lovely to have you bring this delicious dish to the party. I hope we see more of what you have.
    Kathleen
    Fridays Blog Booster Party #30

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks tasty! I pinned it so I can find it again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so delicious and easy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This chicken looks delicious, a great recipe! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. This chicken looks amazing! We eat a lot of chicken at our house, so I'm excited to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing with us at the Merry Monday Link Party! Hope to see you again on Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be there! I hope you try my recipe soon and like it.

      Delete
  17. Yum! I always get so hungry coming to your blog. The veggies are my favorite part of this recipe, LOL

    ReplyDelete